Monday, June 14, 2010

This has to be . . .

One of our wettest springs/summers in a long while.   I'm tired of being in the house, I feel like my brain is in a fog.  I'm pretty sure that Pete feels the same way, although for different reasons.  (mostly because he's a big baby!)  

However,  concerning dogs . . . I do have some good news.  It seems that both Pete and Phoenix have decided that they are just sick and tired of being  shuffled from room to room in order to avoid the inevitable doggie brawls that they have become famous for.   Over the past week or so, we have had several instances where Pete and Phoenix have (accidentally) found themselves in the same room - without incidence.  Although, they are still avoiding each other, they seemed to have called a conditional truce.   We are slowly working  on reintroducing them - during times when things are somewhat calm around the house - which of course, isn't very often.

It actually got me to thinking;  When the kids were little, I used to have afternoons set aside for "quiet time."   Usually, during the hottest part of the day, we would all come inside or just take some time out for quiet activities; reading a book, watching a movie with a little snack, and sometimes, when I was very lucky, it would turn into nap time.  I'm thinking of doing that again.  Hmmmm . . . do you think it would work with teenagers?   Probably not.  *sigh*

1 howled back:

Anonymous said...

Quiet time sounds like a delightful ting to institute for anyone at any age. And nap time is even more delightful--- if only I could make enough time in the day. Oh well, at least I have more options for things of that nature as I continue to "mature"!