Thursday, June 10, 2010

I have returned . . .

to the land of the living !  You probably didn't even know I was gone, huh?   Yup, I've been to Zombie ville and back in the past few weeks.   That's what happens when I run out of my meds and the stupid pharmacy says they can't give me more until the even stupider insurance company says they will approve payment. UGH ! I really hate insurance companies ! 
Things were starting to get pretty ugly around here for a week or so.  I gave my family fair warning.  I told them, "Look,  I'm out of meds until the 6th of June, so until then, just to listen to what I say, and try to overlook the tone and the attitude."  Then, I called Jenn a bitch,  and told my husband to f*ck off.
The look of fear on their faces was priceless!!  Oh, I don't know, it all seems like a bad dream now.  I spent a lot of my time napping, or in the basement, trying to stay focused on things other than people.  (I do much better with zombies and corpses when I'm not medicated.)

Actually, I managed to accomplish a lot downstairs.  My basement was a complete disaster area.  Roy had installed a new furnace and A/C over Memorial day weekend, and in the process, he moved EVERY thing and his tools and equipment were all over the place.  I gave him a couple of days to get rested up, hoping that he'd go back and straighten things out down there . . .  HA !  What the hell was I thinkin' ?!   Obviously, I just wasn't thinking clearly.  So, I got Roy's mess straightened out and decided that I might as well sort through the dozen or so so storage bins filled with my haunt props and supplies to see what I had to work with this year.  I found a few things that I can use, but most importantly, I finally got everything put where it belongs, so I won't have to go scavenging for what I need.  (When I tore down the haunt last year, I was also preparing for Heather's birthday party, and I was too rushed to do things right.)  

Now,  everything is ready for me to get to work - as soon I can dig myself out from under the mountain of laundry and dishes that have accumulated while I was "away"!
Wish me luck !

1 howled back:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back! Missed you tremendously... hopefully, the insurance companies will one day be deemed obsolete in order that we and our physicians can better take care of our own selves.

Back to the shop now; it's time to be busy!