Thursday, March 4, 2010

I'm so bad . . .

for neglecting my blog. And you know, I really have no excuse. Well, at least not a believable one. I'm sure that I must have been very busy, I just have no idea what I've done. Let me think a minute . . .

Okay, I spent Monday night out with my kids. That was fun, but very exhausting. Both Jake and Heather desperately needed some new clothes, so I gave them both an allowance and played chauffeur for their little shopping spree. Money has been so tight lately, that it really didn't take much to lift their spirits. I have to say that it was absolutely worth it to see them so excited.

As I mentioned before, Tuesday was my interview. I think it went well. Although, it sounds like they aren't in much of a hurry to fill the position. (a couple of weeks) It's a two Dr. practice and I met with the younger (newest) doctor. Over the course of the interview he mentioned that his mother was a big fan of the last optical shop that I managed. He said that she "adored the optician that worked there." I told him that since I was the manager and sole optician for the first two years of it's operation, that would probably be me. Hopefully, I'll get called back for a second interview with the senior optometrist some time next week.

Yesterday was grocery day - always exhausting. I usually try to get a whole months worth done at once, but there just wasn't time, so it looks like I may have to finish up this weekend. (not looking forward to that.)

Today, I've tried to catch up on house work. Uh, that hasn't worked out so well. I don't know why, but my body just isn't responding to this beautiful spring-like weather today. It might have some thing to do with the fact, that now that the snow has finally melted, my house has become an island in an ocean of mud. I just can't keep up with all the little paw prints. Not to mention, in spite of last weekend's spring clean up of the garage and front yard, I've discovered another full load of crap in the back yard! (Of course, it would help if my husband would quit bringing home junk.) UGH!

All I know is that I am done - tomorrow is another day. I'm ready to go soak in a hot tub, and curl up in bed with a good book. In fact, that's my plan.

Good night.

2 howled back:

Anonymous said...

Hope you hear good news soon from the interview!

Sounds like things are about to burst at the seams with goodness for you from my perspective...hang in there and keep the faith!

yourbigolbear said...

Things are going to be just great as soon as the sring fever is over and the summer thing gets in full bloom love you your big old bear