Wednesday, December 10, 2008

SNOW !


HEY ! I woke this morning, uh well, I suppose 11:00AM is still morning, and guess what ? It was SNOWING !!!! It was so beautiful. It snowed like crazy until 5:30 or 6:00PM, and we still didn't end up with much, maybe one and a half inches :( I was really hoping for more like 3-6 inches, but I guess it's a start. However, It was enough to get my dogs excited. As far as they're concerned, snow is even better than mud! They have spent the whole day running in and out of the back door. They run, roll and play in it until they get cold, then, they try to bring as much as they can of the white stuff inside, where it's warm. They can't seem to figure out why their plan isn't working. I just hope it all doesn't melt away tomorrow.


My other surprise this morning was my son, Jacob, laying on the couch watching MTV. Roy said he was running a temperature, but he didn't bother to take it to find out for sure. I felt his forehead, and yes, he felt warm, but laying on the couch under a nice toasty comforter will do that. It's all very frustrating. I guess that I need to get up early tomorrow to make sure that everyone gets where they need to be. Of course, it'll be just my luck that some idiot at the school board decides to call a snow day! I don't think the roads are that bad, but several of the local schools have already cancelled for tomorrow. I've yet to figure out what criteria they use for making these decisions, there doesn't seem to be any logic to it.


Well, things really are pretty damn boring around here and my brain is just too tired to even think, so I'm going to toddle off to bed now.

Good night.


Love ya,

Susan

3 howled back:

Wait. What? said...

Sometimes Boring is good though - I am looking forward to boring - days of not waking until 11 am - from 11/24 -01/02. yes bring on the boring please!

Anonymous said...

Oh that sounds cosy and nice!! It snowed just briefly and ever so lightly here in Canberra this winter and we were SO SO SOOOO excited. Snow does that to a person!

Hope your kids go to school tomorrow, haha. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey you! I'm missing you....where ya gone? Has the internet thing bummed out on you guys...hope it comes back soon.

Love ya, thinking of you and hoping you write soon xxxx