Sunday, April 27, 2008

A quiet weekend - how strange !

Hey there,

Another week end gone, and somehow, I managed to survive. Saturday was beautiful. Sunshine and 7o degrees. (21C ) Roy had some side work, installing a furnace for our landlord, that kept him busy for most of the day. I spent the day chasing down the kids, and walking the dogs.
Saturday night, I went to go visit Nick. He's a wreck. He's set to be released tomorrow(Monday) morning at 5:30 AM, and he is terrified that they are going to hold him on a DUI warrant out of Jackson county. Why the Hell does he wait until the last minute to even consider these things?! Apparently, he missed a court date in Febuary (because he was being held in Johnson County) so before they release him, they will call Jackson county to find out if they want to come pick him up. Supposedly, he wasn't concerned about it before, because " Jackson county never bothers to pick up any one on a misdemeanor charge" however, he is currently in a pod with another guy who has been waiting 10 days, for Jackson county to pick him up on a misdemeanor charge, just like his. So once again, my son is discovering that he isn't nearly as clever as he thinks. He is adamant that we MUST bail him out if they decide to hold him. "because if they hold him on his DUI in Jackson county, he will miss his court date for his DUI in Prairie Village, and when they release him in Jackson county, he will be held for Prairie Village , and it will be another 6 months before he gets out !" (Oh, NO !!!) In spite of everything that he has been through, He just doesn't seem to fully comprehend what a mess he has made of his life. He just walks around doing whatever he feels like doing, without a second thought to the consequences, because he is "so much smarter than the system that is trying to repress him, and keep him from living his life." It's all a conspiracy. Most days, I want to believe in him, and have faith that he will eventually, pull his head out of his ass, and live some kind of productive and normal life; but times like this, I just want to slap the shit out of him until he comes back to reality.
Uh - hem, So . . . I am just sitting here this evening, biding my time until 5:30 AM, when I can call the jail to find out what Jackson county wants to do with him, and whether I need to go pick him up. The true insanity of the situation is, that they just might go a head and release him. I have no idea what kind of drugs the people who run our court and justice system are on, but they are obviously as equally screwed up as the people caught up in the system.

Okay, I'm done with my little rant. Today, has been cooler, and I've been trying to get caught up on some much needed housework. So of course, the day has just slipped through my fingers. I don't know what's up with this weekend, nobody seems to have much energy, or interest in doing anything. Things have just been kind of quiet around here. Jacob spent the night at his friend's house on Saturday, but as I mentioned on Friday, I haven't had a lot of kids in and out like usual. It's been kind of nice for a change. I think that I could get used to this. I probably better not though, nothing sane seems to last long around here.

Well, since I'm up for the night, I might as well make use of my time, I've still got laundry to finish ,and the family room to clean, and if I get bored, I just might wake up my hubby to entertain me.

1 howled back:

Anonymous said...

Let us all know what happened to Nick - I hope it's the 'best' outcome for him, you and the law! doesn't sound like it will happen all the same time though does it??

I'm glad you got a bit of your sunshine though :)